IFIMES awards ceremony
IFIMES awards ceremony
LJUBLJANA, 5 June 2013 - On Thursday, 13 June 2013, the International Institute for Middle-East and Balkan Studies (IFIMES) will organise a special ceremony starting at 19.00 h at Hotel Golf, Cankarjeva 4, at Bled, where it will present awards to:
- His Excellency Željko Komšić, Chairman of the Presidency of Bosnia and Herzegovina – award for his contribution to stability and peace in the Western Balkans
- His Excellency Dr Guido Westerwelle (tbc), Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Federal Republic of Germany – “World positive personality in foreign policy 2012”
- His Excellency Dr Nabil El Araby, Secretary General of the Arab League – “World personality of 2012”
- Dr. Hannes Swoboda, Member of the European Parliament, Chair of the Group of the Progressive Alliance of Socialists and Democrats in the European Parliament – “The most visible European politician in the West Balkans”
- His Excellency Ambassador Jean-Paul Carteron, Chairman and Founder of Crans Montana Forum – lifetime achievement award
Awards will be presented by the Honorary President of the IFIMES International Institute Mr. Stjepan Mesić, President of the IFIMES Advisory Board Mr. Budimir Lončar, Vice-President of the Advisory Board Zoran Živković, Member of the Advisory Board Jadranka Kosor and Director of the Institute Bakhatyar Aljaf.
Besides the Institute's management the ceremony will be attended by numerous personalities from the political, business and public life from Slovenia as well as the Balkan and Middle East countries.
After the welcome speech by the Institute's Director Mr. Zijad Bećirović the opening address will be delivered by Dr. Craig T. Smith, President of the Council of the Institute. The cultural programme will be performed by the doyen of Slovenian theatre and film with international repute Mr. Demeter Bitenc.
The award ceremony will be followed by the reception in the honour of the laureates.
Media representatives wishing to cover the event must obtain prior accreditation from the organiser by 10 June 2013 at e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone number (01) 430 15 33. After the official part of the ceremony the laureates will give short statements at about 20.30 h.
Ljubljana, 5 June 2013