International conference: The future of the Middle East
(left) Dimitrij Rupel, Ernest Petrič, Eytan Gilboa, Vlado Dimovski
International Institute for Middle East and Balkan Studies (IFIMES), Slovenia
Israel Public Diplomacy Forum, Israel
invites you kindly to take part at the international conference entitled
The future of the Middle East
The conference will take place on Thursday, 16 November 2017 from 13.30 till 17.00
in the “Center” hall of Hotel Lev (13th floor) at Vošnjakova 1, Ljubljana.
13.00 - 13.35 Opening speech by Assist. Prof. Dr. Zijad Bećirović, Director of IFIMES
13.35 – 15.15 Triangular Relations: The EU, the US and Israel
• Prof. Dr. Ernest Petrič, former president of the Constitutional Court of the Republic of Slovenia, former Slovene Ambassador to UN, Slovenia, moderator
• Prof. Dr. Eytan Gilboa, Chair of Israel Public Diplomacy Forum, a renowned expert on international communication, public diplomacy and US policy in the Middle East, Israel
• Prof. Dr. Dimitrij Rupel, former Slovenian foreign minister, rector of New University, Slovenia
• Prof. Dr. Vlado Dimovski, a full professor of management and organizational theory at the Management and organization unit, at the University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Economics, former minister of Minister of Labor, Family and Social Affairs, Sloveni
13.15 - 15.30 Coffee break
15.30 – 17.00 The US in the Middle East: Interests and Dilemmas
• Bakhatyar Aljaf, director of IFIMES, Slovenia, moderator,
• Prof. Dr. Urya Shavit, Israel Public Diplomacy Forum Speaker, Head of the Department of Arabic and Islamic Studies at Tel Aviv University, Israel
• Dr. Jožef Kunič, formerAmbassador to Iran and France, honorary president of Slovene Association for International relations, Slovenia
The conference will be held in English.
Live broadcast at: http://www.ifimes.org/en/livestream
Attendance at the conference is free of charge, but please confirm your participation at telephone number (01) 430 15 33 or at email@example.com. Please take your seat at the hall by 13.25 at the latest.
Ljubljana, 9 November 2017