The round table: Harmony amongst Balkan countries and the Declaration of peace and cessation of war
International institute for Middle East and Balkan Studies (IFIMES)
Heavenly Culture World Peace Restoration of Light (HWPL), Seul, Republic of Korea
invite you to a round table and discussion
Harmony amongst Balkan countries and the Declaration of peace and cessation of war
which will be held on Wednesday, 15 June 2016, at 16.00 h
in the “Grad” hall of Hotel Lev (13th floor) at Vošnjakova 1, Ljubljana.
“Peace is something we do not dare dream about, and it came into our hands in the form of the Declaration of peace and cessation of war.«
The Declaration of peace and cessation of war was prepared with the intention of promotion of respect of Human Rights and International Law, and with the intention of enrolling states into the active protection of those rights. The discussion will focus on three main themes:
- Why was peace not achieved on the basis of existing international law?
- How can the Declaration of peace and cessation of war contribute to the harmony and cooperation amongst Balkan countries?
- How can aspirations towards peace help the Balkan countries on their path towards EU membership?
The openning speech and keynote adress will be given by dr. Zijad Bećirović, director of IFIMES. Views will be presented by the following esteemed guests:
- Stjepan Mesić, former President of the Republic of Croatia, member of HWPL advisory board, and honorary president of IFIMES
- Sophia Kim, regional coordinator of IWPG in the Balkans
- Lyla Yoon, regional coordinator of HWPL in the Balkans
- Prof. Dr. Ernest Petrič, former President of the Constitutional Court of the Republic of Slovenia, member of the HWPL advisory board, vice-president of the IFIMES advisory board
- Ambassador Prof. Dr. Milan Jazbec, head of the Sector for European countries in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Slovenia
- Prof. Dr. Vladimir Marinković, Vice-president of the National Assembly of the Republic of Serbia
- Bakhatyar Aljaf, IFIMES director.
The round table will be held in the English.
Live broadcast at: http://www.ifimes.org/en/livestream
Please take your seat at the hall at the latest by 15.55 h.
Attendance is free of charge. Please confirm your participation at telephone number (01) 430 15 33 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.